In a previous post I introduced the IGGPPC House Organa 28 Days of Lists challenge (read about it here).
Since we’re snowed in today, this is a PERFECT time to get started (because it’s not like I have dishes that need done, or laundry to fold…pfft…chores) – so without further ado, here is my list for Day 1 – Geeky Faves!
- I’m a Whovian – Matt Smith (11) used to be my fave and only doctor, but now I’m starting to rethink that the more I watch Peter Capaldi as 12. He is brilliant! And Clara!! I love Clara! She’s such a clever girl, and I LOVE that they haven’t attempted to develop a romance between the Doctor and his companion. And I really dig how they’ve gone with a more Steampunk theme and TARDIS console this time around.
- I am _ _ _ _-Locked. As in, Sherlock. As in Bodysnatch Cucumberpatch. Bootyshake Cummerbund. But it’s not just him. It’s Watson! It’s Moriarty! It’s the clever stories and the snark!
- Top Gear UK – I love Hamster, Jezza, and Captain Slow (especially Captain Slow!) Together they’re like a modern day Three Stooges, but exhibit glimmers of brilliance every so often. And cars – Lawdy me, the sexy beasts they drive. Add the accents on top of it and the killer soundtrack they put together and I’m a happy girl!
- Retro video games. So, in a previous post I mentioned how I didn’t really grow up with a gaming console in the house – my Grandparents had one, and a few of my friends had the Nintendo, but I never had it in my house, so I kind of missed out on that (not in a “poor me, I didn’t play video games!” way) and I think that’s why now I’ve kind of made up for lost time! I’m horrible at video games – my hand-eye coordination stinks, and I am the most impatient person you’ll ever meet when it comes to repeatedly falling into fiery pits or being attacked by a Goomba, but dang it, I have fun!
- Cartoons! Oh my, how I love my 80s cartoons! She-Ra, Rainbow Brite, Jem, Gummi Bears, Biskitts…bring it on!
- Crafts – I love making things and experimenting with new crafts. In fact, after I post this (and snow blow the driveway) I plan on breaking out some crafty supplies and seeing what kind of mess I can make! Huzzah!
- And last, but certainly not least, books/reading. I love getting lost in other worlds and different times; reading about characters having adventures or getting into mischief and picturing being right along side of them. Hopping an airship to Scotland, or running from those who are out to claim the bounty on the heads of me and my Emperor’s Edge companions…I just enjoy escaping into other worlds.
- OK – I lied. Writing. This will be the last one, I promise. Oh wait…there’s music too. And Firefly. Crap.
As you can see, I’ve got a never-ending list of loves. Some may not consider them geeky, but I’m of the opinion that geeky can mean what you want it to mean. In my world, being a geek or geeky means you are truly passionate about the things you’re into – you ‘geek out’ about stuff – get excited and want to totally immerse yourself in that thing.