…and everything in its place.
I have a lot of stuff.
Craft stuff consisting of fabric, paper, scrapbook paraphernalia, markers, crayons, and most of all jewelry making supplies seem to spew from every container in which I place them. It’s just really out of control.
I don’t have a designated crafting area. It started out in our office upstairs – I’d craft while Mr. Peach Martini worked on his computer gadgets and surfed the interwebz. Then we bought laptops and I’ve since abandoned that area of the house. Now all my craft supplies are down stairs for the most part, living in one of those three-tier basket thing-a-ma-bobers. That worked well until I wanted to work on something, then I’d drag the basket with me, and all the contents would spew forth a giant mess. I hate having to sift for things – I like the idea of plastic storage totes, but I hate having to sort through to find what I need.
In light of our impending move (we close May 14th! Yeah!), I’d like to be able to set up my craft area straight away and get organized. I have a few ideas that I might tinker with, which I’ll share below.
What I want to know, however, is how do YOU keep all your crafty supplies organized and tidy?
Some ideas I’ve come across that I would like to try out…
- over-the-door shoe organizers to hold the frequent cast of characters for projects (markers, pencils, scissors, pens, etc)
- Peg boards tailored to specific crafts/hobbies – one for sewing, one for paper crafting, one for jewelry making, etc.
- old photo albums with the sleeve inserts to organize ATCs, inchies, bookmarks, or cards…or tags and papers for scrap booking. Also could be used to organize project ideas, craft swap ideas, inspiration, etc.
- paint cans mounted to the wall/surface to display items or store things for easy access (bottom of cans mounted to wall/surface)
- Ikea. I just browsed a catalog from them for the first time yesterday. I less-than-three Ikea.
Ok – lay it on me – what are your best solutions for organization?