IGGPPC House Organa Challenge 28 Days – Day 18: Daily Rituals
Welcome to a Day In the Life of Me….
– Play dead while alarm clock shouts at us…once the husband has turned it off it’s OK to move.
– TV is turned on to the local news…can drift in and out of consciousness until “Tech Bytes” comes on at 6:10.
– Take shower…wait to hear when husband gets up and step away from the stream of water; you learned the hard way that ever since they moved the water heater and softener that the pressure isn’t as great and the water goes cold for a few seconds.
– Half-dressed, parade around closet until you find no less than three outfits, all of which do not please Her Majesty.
– Wander downstairs to make coffee…
– Tromp back upstairs to finish getting around – change clothes again.
– Grab belongings, mutter under your breath you need a pack mule to haul everything to the car.
– Leave the house – stop in the drive way to make sure garage door closes.
– Get half-way to work, realize you left coffee on the table. Swear.
– Park not-so-legally on the 2nd floor of the parking garage at work. Take comfort in seeing three other co-workers glancing around nervously as they park.
– In the building, stop on 2nd floor for coffee…fingers crossed the milk steamer is up and running, and the nice lady is working.
– Get to desk, shove everything in the drawer, and turn on PC. Swear because you can’t remember your password…get frustrated and go to the cafeteria for breakfast. Tell yourself you’ll get oatmeal today, then cave in and grab either a delicious cherry pastry or one of the greasy breakfast sammiches.
– Get half-way back to desk, realize you forgot water.
– Get back to desk, water and breakfast in hand.
– Answer emails…swear under breath at the amount of stupid you have to deal with so early in the morning.
– Check personal email, check IGGPPC, check RSS feed for blogs. Check phone for Twitter and FB updates)
– Check time. (repeat 3x)
– Meetings, interruptions, blah, blah, blah.
– Check time.
– Go to lunch.
– More meetings, discussions, etc.
– Answer more emails, more meetings, etc. Data entry, busy work, blah.
– Check time.
– More busy work, blah.
– 4:45 comes rolling around, shut things down, and hope you can find your stack of papers that you just shoved in your desk drawer in the morning.
– Go home – dinner discussions, decisions, etc. End up having a bowl of cereal or mac & cheese. Because that’s the meal of a 33-year-old.
– Think about doing laundry/loading dishwasher/some other chore.
– Decide to research something for (insert latest interest/geek love) on the interwebz.
– Realize it’s been 5 hours since you last got up, head to bed.